Flame of Life tagboard home


Wednesday, 18 April 2012
3:10 am

Today I'm gonna talk about the Friendship Garden. Hahahahaha! Just for fun k? I'm kinda curious with the detail and I wanna know why it called friendship garden. Then I did some research or for more detail, I just google it. Hahahahaha! I know right? Kids nowasday, always google-ing stuff for their homework. Just like me in my high school year. Hahahahaha. Okay okay, enough joking around about that. Hmm, let's see what I found out about friendship garden.

Well, Friendship Garden (for short) also known as Malaysia China Friendship Garden (for long), was built to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of diplomatic relation between Malaysia and China. So that explain the huge statue was more like Chinese General in his uniform and holding a scroll on a giant statue ship. I guess. I wasn't paying any attention while looking at it but believe me, it's huge and only can be found in Kuching, Malaysia. More detail? At Jalan song, a few kilometers away from Kuching town.

The park was tastefully designed in the styles of both Malaysia and China. No wonder it has wishing pool. You can make a wish and throw a coin in the wishing pool after that but the coin must landed on a big statue of Chinese coin to make your wish come true. And believe me, it's work alright. All of my wishes came true, so far. Hehehehehe. 

Wait, there's more, a futuristic Sarawak fountain, comprising seven pillars, arranged in circle. The pillars features granite cravings of seven major ethnic groups in Sarawak, Iban, Melanau, Chinese, Orang Ulu, Penan, Bidayuh and Malay. Try guess my race? Hahahaha! I'm Chinese alright and mix with Bidayuh so that's make me a mix blood.



Too bad I didn't managed to capture more photos of the park. All I got was some view form my dating spot. Hahahahaha! Oh yeah, I was on my date while visiting that park. Trust me, there were a lot of people visiting there and went for a jogging. So I can say that the park was the best place to go for an exercise. Oh ya, sorry about the second photo and the third photo, they were unclear but seriously, I love seeing the sunset. It was beautiful! 


Angelene Bong
Born and raised in a city called Kuching. (Land of Borneo) I have mixed blood in me, my dad is pure Chinese and my mom is pure Bidayuh. 163cm tall with the weight of 73.3kg.





Followers





"You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one"